Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When HDX-6000 is connected to SS via C-Link interface there's no sound from HDMI output of HDX-6000. It is normal or how I may get sound from HDMI output?  Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is the way it works. HDMI audio is turned off and all audio is routed through the SoundStructure. The idea is that you have a better sound system connected to the SS than what come with the monitor.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That is the way it works. HDMI audio is turned off and all audio is routed through the SoundStructure. The idea is that you have a better sound system connected to the SS than what come with the monitor.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. I thought so and you confirmed my guess.    

HP Recommended

Does the audio cut-off aply to the master twin phono audio out also?

Pete

HP Recommended

All audio will need to be routed through the sound structure because the SS needs to know about all audio or the echo canceller will fail to function properly.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the post!! I have this same scenario with a Group 500.

I am assuming it is the same as well??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.