Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

A user is attempting to utilize the Polycom RealPresence Group 500 for a local (offline) meeting, no call being placed.

They are unable to receive any audio over the Polycom and have verified that all three volumes are turned up (laptop, Polycom, TV). If they plug directly into the TV all works fine. I seem to be finding mixed answers, with no real answer for offline use. Is this an available feature? If so, why does it not work? They have tried HDMI, VGA w/ audio, & HDMI w/ audio.

Thank you for your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This should be working.  What does the diagnostic audio bars tell you?

What version software are they using?

when in a call does the far end get audio?

What happens when they put the unit into local loop-back?

HP Recommended

I will get that information to you, but in the meantime:

Where do I find the diagnostic audio bars?

To clarify, they are using the "content sharing" to display the laptop through the Polycom, not using it as a video source (videos). If they try to change the video source (via the Camera menu), there is no source listed besides the camera. I have searched the manuals for ways to solve this but could not find anything, except one document stating that audio is automatically muted for content sharing. However, I'm told that only applies in call on the far end.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.