Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I had purchased Polycom PVX and setup my firewall to get the software working with someone who has a Polycom HDX 7000 HD on an external network.  We could make calls in both directions without any issues, PVX -> 7000 and 7000 -> PVX.  I then heard about the new m100 with Windows 7 support and downloaded the trial.  I have been testing it and having some issues.  When I call the HDX 7000 with m100, video and audio works fine.  When the HDX 7000 calls me in m100, video works fine, but there is no audio.

I had ports 3230-3237 (TCP & UDP) and 1720 TCP open at first.  I have added port 1731 TCP but I'm still having the same problem.  I have tested this out on a Windows 7 and XP machine with the same results.  I'm using H.323 and not SIP.

I have setup two computers on the internal network, both with m100 and used Wireshark to monitor the connection.  I only saw ports 1720 and 3230-3237 being used regularly.  I H.225 and H.245 protocols setup another port to be used, which naturally varied for each call.  These worked fine though with no issues.  One computer was the Windows 7 computer and the other was the Windows XP computer that I was using to test calls from the HDX 7000 above.

Are there anymore ports that need to be opened to get m100 to work when receiving calls from the outside?  Is there anything else I should check or do?

Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello sta-it,

1.  Have you tried to disable any active firewalls on the computer that m100 is installed on?

2.  What kind of network NAT/Firewall are you behind?  If you are traversing a NAT (and going from a private to a public IP) please ensure that you have the public IP specified in the Call Settings section of the Preferences, after enabling "Use NAT"

3.  If you are going through a network firewall, please ensure any H.323 packet/protocol inspection is disabled.  We tag packets differently for voice and video, so an H.323 aware firewall could be stopping the packets from proceeding across your network regardless of port forwarding settings.  I would recommend disabling any technology on the network firewall that deals with H.323 or H.225, these are commonly called Application Level Gateways (AGL) or H.323 transformations or just simply as H.323 packet/protocol inspection.

HP Recommended

polyben,

1)  No, I have not.  I'll try that next, but the call between the Windows 7 and XP computer worked fine with the firewall (Symantec Endpoint Protection) turned on for both computers.

2)  I am using using a SonicWall NSA 2400.  I have setup a NAT to go from an external IP to an internal IP as well as the reverse.  I'll try using the Use NAT option.  If that is the issue, would that not affect my outgoing calls because they work fine?

3)  I do have "Enable consistent NAT" and "Enable H.323 Transformations" checked.  The PVX software works with these enabled.  I'll try this though too.  Does the m100 software work a little differently than PVX in this regard?

Thank you

HP Recommended

polyben,

I believe the problem has been resolved with the NAT option.  I'll test this out more later, but so far here are my results.

1)  I messed with my software firewall settings, but my results were inconsistent and so I set them back to normal.

2)  The NAT option appears to be the fix.

3)  I tried unchecking "Enable H.323 Transformation".  When I did I could not complete the calls.  So, I had to enable this on my firewall.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.