Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I went throught the setup wizard, I selected 1920x1080.  When the codec boots it displays the Polycom startup screen and goes to a black image.  On the front of the codec LED it reads 1920x1080 VGA?"   It's not on the IP network yet I need to get the MAC address off of it for my network engineer.  Any thoughts on why it's not displaying a image?  Id there a way to change the resolution with the handheld remote?                            

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The MAC can be extracted from the Serial Number.   

Example:

Serial Number: 8213050FD69BCV

MAC:   00:E0:DB:0F:D6:9B

As for the Black Video, it sounds like the wrong resolution...   Were you plugged in with VGA or HDMI ?

Good luck,

Gary M

HP Recommended

The first time I turned on the codec I was connect to VGA.  It went throught the wizard, it provided me an option to select a resolution I selected 1920x1080.  I think this is was messed it up.  Now I am plugged into the HDMI, I see the Polycom splash screen at boot and whenit''s done I only see a black image.  1920x1080 / VGA is on the led on the front of the codec.  maybe I should perform a factory reset and start over.  I thought there might be a way to change the resolution type i.e. VGA to HDMI via the handheld remote or should it auto detect?

HP Recommended

If you have not selected the input you have the source on you will not get it.  I was confused on where you have the VGA plugged into.  If it is not the camera 1 input it will not send it.  You can, in the configuration menus, select a different input as the main camera, and it has to be defined as People.  You can not select as the main camera a content source.

The monitor output will scale inputs to the right resolution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.