Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,  was hoping that someone would be able to advise on a query that I have to do with multipoint licences for HDX 9000 series.

We are lucky enough to have a spare unit that we want to use as a hot swappable unti and can be used to replace should anything happen to any other units (we've had several issues recently and covering ourselves in case it happens again).  My query is how easy it is to transfer the multipoint licence from one unit to another should we need to.  Are they tied to the serial numbers of the units?  Would a Polycom Partner be the only ones who can do this?

We are a UK based company and our Polycom Partner who we purchased the units through are based in the US. So time could be an issue if wanted to get a replacement unit working asap.  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes, the license is tied to the serial number of the hdx unit,

so you won´t be able to transfer it to another machine.

You should talk to your local polycom partner.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Uwe.  I thought that was the situation. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I work for Interlink Vision a UK based company. Most of the endpoints we provide clients don't have a multipoint license key, instead we provide them with a virtual meeting room on a bridge that comes with unlimited usage and be accessed from anywhere in the world at any time, with any mixture of sip/h323/isdn plus the quality is much better and it's scalable. This is just one service from many that we provide that you can subscribe too. If you have any questions or want any more information please feel free to contact me at 

Removed by Mod as adverts are not allowed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.