Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have HDX 6000 System with one public IP Address, there is no firewall or NAT device.

We make video conference meeting and the meeting is disconnected after 41 minutes.

You can see the attachment file for more details.

I don't know what is going on, I checked "Maximum Time In Call" at both site, all are "480 minutes".

I heard about TCP KEEP ALIVE, but I'm not sure that is the reason.

Could you please support me in this case?

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Almost always a TCP time out on your router.  Look for anything associated with TCP1720 or H.323.  Pete

HP Recommended

If the HDX version is prior to 3.0.1 then your case can be found in polycom knowledgebase site:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/knowledgebase/search.htm

and search for 'keep-alive'.

Hope this help.

HP Recommended

Mike_v s post on the TCP Keep Alive time on HDXs & VSXs indicates the simplest way to fix this issue is upgrade the HDX to V3.0.4 (current) as the TCP Keep Alive is 1800 seconds on V3.0.1 & later.

Thanks Mike, that was interesting.

Pete

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help

I'm working on it, hope it works.

HP Recommended

Agreed TCP Keep Alive on router. Had same issue earlier this year. If it fails at the same time everytime that is more than likely your issue. One other way around changing the router (network securiry at some companies dont like exceptions for video) is to put the call on a bridge and have that changed. I hard set my MGC which fixed the issue. Also gave me more control of meetings over the direction connection to the public IP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Today I made video call again. My problem actually is not fixed.

I didn't change any configuration on the System, with this

I called to Japan site, after 41 minutes, meeting is out.

I called to another VN site, everything is ok.

I checked "TCP Keep Alive" on HDX-6000, it's 30 minutes and there is no router after this System. So I don't think root cause is about TCP Timeout or TCP Keep Alive.

I have no place to say anything now!

Japan site is using "Codian MCU 4220/4.1(1.59)", does anyone here know this device?

Is there any configuration on MCU can make meeting be interrupted? 

Plz see the attachment for more detail.

HP Recommended

Yes,

I have the same problem and I don't know why ?

anyone can solve it?

Thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.