Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My customer has a licensed version of M100 but the portal won't allow me to log an Sr for it so here goes.

Should we expect M100 to be able to look up contacts in a GMS V7.0.0 address book.  The GMS sees the M100 as registered but look up doesn't work.

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The M100 was designed to be a stand-alone video client; however, it does support GDS. GAB protocol used in GMS paved the way for the GAB in the SE200, CMA, and RPRM products. So I don't see a reason it would not work with the exception it might not be supported because of the lack of QA testing on the GMS product.

Since you asked, I would take a packet trace from the M100 client as you try to view the GAB and filter on tcp port 3601. It may be blocked some where on your network.

S.

HP Recommended

We have the same issue and I don't think it's a block on the TCP port.  We have several VSX and HDX endpoints that work OK and also we were previously using PVX with no problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.