Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a 20+ Poly x50s and TC8s in Teams mode.  The volume setting to hear remote attendees has never needed to be changed from the default on the TC8 but after upgrading them to 4.0.0.376092 and using Teams 1449/1.0.96.2022120503 the volume is very quiet.  The settings on the TC8 needs to be increased to 90%.

I have 1 unit I am testing with Teams 1449/1.0.96.2023031201 and the issue is the same.  MS has just released another version (1449/1.0.96.2023041207) which I am not looking at yet as they have not released any notes on it.

The only audio settings changed from default I am applying to in LENS policy is:  Enable Polycom StereoSurround

No other settings have changed in the webgui.

Audio was not a problem with 3.14.1 before the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Cheers

edit: the TC8s are running Teams 1449/1.0.96.2022120503

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

We noticed an audio suppression problem in MTRoA equipment, when the user in the room speaks together with a remote user, the audio is suppressed, we opened a ticket to Microsoft who recognized the bug and were informed that the echo cancellation and AGC were disabled. Making the MTRoA equipment audio lower, it is necessary to increase the microphone dB gain to 18 as a workaround. The same will be resolved in Poly OS version 4.1.0

HP Recommended

Thanks  very much for that info.

Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello @Aluizio Deodato , @FlashPan 

please check:

*KB Article 66573*

Tech Alert:

• Customers may have low Microphone send level from Studio X30 and X50 devices to the far end of a call starting on June 5th 2023

Products Impacted:

• Studio X30 and X50  

Issue:  

• HP Poly has been receiving customer escalations around audio echo and doubletalk customers using Studio x30 and x50 devices along with customers reporting low mic send levels from Studio X30 and X50.

Root Cause: 

• HP Poly engineering investigated these issues along with Microsoft and found that there was an issue with how the audio was being processed between the cloud and the devices. 

Fix: 

• To fix this urgent issue the decision was made by HP Poly to make an emergency change to offload all audio processing from the cloud to the local Studio X30 and X50 devices in the field.  The local devices in the field can manage the audio efficiently. While this change immediately fixed all the echo and doubletalk issues, as a result some customers may experience a noticeable decrease in the “send” level of the mic to the far end when joined in a call.
  • If customers experience the MIC “send” level being too low, this can be fixed through the Studio X30 or X50 web interface by setting the MIC send level to 14db – 18db based on preference.

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks again for this.  re-reading the posts I think this got turned around.

The issue I am experiencing is that audio/volume being transmitted "to/through" the poly studio to the audience iin the meeting room where that is located.  The remote party can hear audio transmitted to them fine on their laptop etc.

As the audience in the room cannot hear the remote party well, I've had to crank up the received volume to 80 or 90 on the TC8

HP Recommended

Hello @FlashPan and @Aluizio Deodato 

please see >here<

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.