Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I keep losing the activation on m100.  It seems to be related to software I use to keep my computer cleaned of registry errors, obsolete cookies, temp files, etc.

I have asked the person who forwarded the software key on to me, but he said my question concerning where and how the activation info was saved was beyond his knowledge set, and that I should post here.

If it's just a matter of protecting a cookie or a registry entry, I can do that, but I'm surprised no one else has run into this.  It is either an automatic Registry Cleaner (which theoretically only deletes registry entries with incorrect references) or a cookie and temp file cleaner.

Can someone tell me specifically where and how the activation info is stored, so I can stop having to re-enter it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Cameron, From what I understand you can protect your activation if you tell your registry cleaner to ignore anything with the name Polycom in it.  Out of curiosity, what is the name of the registry cleaner you are using?

HP Recommended

I use the Registry Cleaner of System Mechanic.

In checking out the Cleaner application, I could not find any Registry Entries it was trying to delete with the name "Polycom" in them.

Can you be more specific about exactly which Registry Entry, in which Section, contains the Activation info?  I can block the system from deleting specific entries, but not a blanket definition.

HP Recommended

I'll have to do a little investigation on System Mechanic registry cleaner.  Unfortunatly, I cannot be more specific in the actual entry's as it's proprietary information. But I will do a little digging to see if I can come up with a resolution to the keys being deleted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.