Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Ok folks, I got a bit of a rather unusual question for the community, I hope I can find an answer.

The HDX camera port is an HDCI connector, are there any gender changers  (be it cable or adapter) for this port?

The reason I ask for this, is because we are building some mobile kits and in that kit (suitcase based) we would have a panel in there with all the ports. DVI and network cables are easy enough and Audio inputs/outputs, we would use the RCA jacks

The only problem we've encountered is the cameras. It's not a common port (The only time I've seen this port is on some matrox video cards). 

So does Polycom carry such a thing? I would much rather use an "official" solution rather than mess around with pinouts and risk voiding the warranty on some very expensive equipment.

Your thoughts on the matter!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You can use HDCI to five BNC and DB9 breakout cable  2457-23521-001. See integrator reference manual page 75

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

HP Recommended

Ovg, 

Thank you for responding!!

However, the break out cable is not the solution we seek. We require an actual Male to female conversion. The reason for this is that that point, from the suitcase's faceplate, we would have the option of plugging in either the eagle-eye type of camera, the breakouts as you mentioned, or any of the other cables that are mentioned in the intergrator's guide.

I know my request seems a little unorthodox. But such a simple device must exist. It exists for all the other cable types, so why shouldn't it?

Any of the Polycom employees reading this? I would like their counsel. I include a picture of said faceplate so you may understand further what I am trying to pull off.

Cheers,

HP Recommended

No there is not a male to female HDCI.  There are interfaced from Sound Control and Vaddio which allow the HDCI interface to be extended over Cat 5 cables.  Please refer to their web sites for their options which may meet your application.

From the Polycom white paper about extending HDCI analog over long distances:

There are two companies which offer solutions for the EagleEye cameras which allow extension of the cameras over Cat5 cables.  They are Vaddio (www.vaddio.com) and their WallView Pro camera systems and Sound Control (www.soundcontrol.net) and their RemoteCam 2

HP Recommended

Not quite what I had in mind, but still good for other applications.

Oh well, I will just re-design that faceplate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.