Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to complete the integration of our HDX 8000 and 7000 to our MS Lync enviroment. I can setup the system with client configuration and see the status of the user from any Lync client. I can also make video calls to the units. However I am not able to join them together in a Lync conference. As soon as I add another user to a video call it fails. I have updated both the units software to 3.0.2.11176. Any Ideas

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

In order to let a HDX system participate in a multipoint call on the Lync platform, you need to active the RTV/CCCP license in your HDX systems. It is one license that has two functionalities combined: RTV for higher video quality - up to 720p. And CCCP, which stands for Centralized Conferencing Control Protocol. This is a mechanism which the HDX uses to participate in multipoint conference calls on the MCU within Lync.

Without CCCP, the HDX is unable to cascade multipoint calls towards the Lync MCU or take part in any of these calls - because the HDX does not speak the right "signalling" methods. However, with CCCP enables the HDX systems can participate in Lync multipoint calls.

The CCCP functionality is available from HDX software version 3.0.1 upwards, so your systems are at the right software version. You only have to purchase the RTV/CCCP license for your HDX systems. You will receive a key which you can enter in your HDX systems. This key will enable the RTV/CCCP functionality.

For fruther information, please have a look at the latest release notes - PDF page 7: http://downloads.polycom.com/video/hdx/ReleaseNotes/polycom-hdx-release_notes-3_0_2.pdf 

Ricardo Redert

GO Telecom

HP Recommended

How to verify license key for RTV/CCCP are entered and active on HDX system ?

Regards

Mawik

HP Recommended

Check out the HDX Admin Settings Admin>General>Options.  If license keys are active the options will have a big green tick against them.

If you want "proper" RTV Multipoint get an RMX. 720p, multiple Continuous presence & voice activated layouts, Transcoding (so you get 720p even if other participants are on QCIF(SIF), mixed protocols including H.323, SIP, H.320, PSTN, mixed codecs including H.264, RTV, H.263 & H.261 & proper VMRs & entry queue support.

MS Lync AV_MCU comes a poor 2nd in all these areas.

Pete

HP Recommended

To clarify the RTV Options Key item will only be displayed if the currently applied license key includes that option, so you'll either (a) not see RTV listed at all or (b) see 'RTV' and a green check next to it.  (There is no scenario where one would see RTV listed with a red 'X'.)

HP Recommended

Jeff, Polycom experts,

Could you please make clear Polycom HDX CCCP/RTV license functionality in Microsoft Lync communication?

Should we be able to place point to point calls from Lync client  to HDX without

At this moment, we are not planning to use HDX as participant of Lync meetings.

One of our local Polycom parthner is trying to prove to us that Lync integration with HDX _completely unsupported_ without CCCP/RTV license.

I have the same question regarding RealPresence 500 box . What features exactly CCCP/RTV license opens ?

Highly appreciate your replay!

Regards,

Alexey

HP Recommended

For Lync 2010 interop the RTV Options key is not required, you can still register to Lync and place peer to peer calls utilizing H.263 video at CIF resolution only.

For Lync 2013 interop (which is not yet supported) the RTV Options key will be a requirement as there is no longer any support for H.263 in the Lync 2013 client so even peer to peer video will not work.

The behavior is the same between the HDX and the Group Series endpoints.

HP Recommended

I have somehow gotten my HDX units to work connected on Lync2013 server, however you can only connect via Lync 2012 client....would that be caused by my endpoints not having the RTV License or is Lync 2013 really not supported yet?

HP Recommended

Hi,Which device you are using for it ?

@rerictruax wrote:

I am trying to complete the integration of our HDX 8000 and 7000 to our MS Lync enviroment. I can setup the system with client configuration and see the status of the user from any Lync client. I can also make video calls to the units. However I am not able to join them together in a Lync conference. As soon as I add another user to a video call it fails. I have updated both the units software to 3.0.2.11176. Any Ideas

is HDX 7000 is supporting with lync , without any key( Licence)

@rerictruax wrote:

HP Recommended

Both Lync 2010 and 2013 clients support RTV so based on your description I would assume that you do not have the RTV Options Key on the HDX.  In this scenario calls with Lync 2010 clients negotiate video via H.263 (CIF) and calls with Lync 2013 clients would fail to negotiate video at all.

As long as you have release 3.1.2 or newer then the HDX will register to and work with Lync 2013 servers just fine.  It's just that video call negotiation is limited to which codecs the Lync clients support in common with the HDX Clearly using an HDX with no RTV Options Key in a Lync 2013 environment would be silly once all clients are updated to 2013 as the HDX would be connected to an environment it cannot actually support video calls for.  The RTV Options Key would be a requirement at this point.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.