Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!

Is there compatibility between the Directory of a HDX and m100, in case I wanted to import the Directory from the HDX to the m100?

I read that there is a way through LDAP or GAB, but, it´s not possible to do it that way.

Thanx for your response!!

Hernán

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to do quiet the same but just from m100 to m100.

I'm deploying over 10 m100 and I don't want to create the contact list manually from each user.

Just had the support on the phone and there is no existing ways other than accessing an address book through LDAP or else but I'm going to try to copy manually files from the Appdata directory to see if any of them contain the contact list.

I'll let you know if I find something.

HP Recommended

Ok, as I thought it must had been contained in some file.

I copied the file "LocalDirectory.xml" to my other computer and it works.

I have the same contacts as my other m100.

Haven't really tried a call or else to see if there is any bug doing this but you can try.

The directory (on windows 7) : C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Polycom Telepresence m100\Standalone

Close the m100 before anything (don't forget to close it in the notification bar as well).

Rename your target file in LocalDirectory.xml.OLD in case somthing goes wrong with your configuration.

Copy the source file onto the new computer

Start the m100 and the contact list should be filled up with your source m100's list.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.