Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Has anyone connected an IP 7000 phone to their HDX 8000 by converting the walta cable to cat5e?  I have the wiring instructions for this, but am interested to see what experiences others have had with this option?  I am trying to solve the problem of having lots of network jacks under a conference table, and behind the HDX but no easy way to get a micrphone cable from the table to the HDX without running it along the floor.  Core drills and conduit are not preferred.

This solution would also apply to standard table top mics using a walta to cat5e cable, but I am also trying to eliminate some of the clutter on the table by removing a Polycom conference phone and using the POTS jack on the back of the HDX to connect to an analog port on the wall.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

There is a Polycom Walta (Plug) to RJ45 (Socket) which is about 92 long. Part Code 2457-25646-001.

Pete

HP Recommended

The 2457-25646-001 cable is 18" long

2457-25646-001.png

Another Cable Option could be 2457-23716-001

2457-23716-001.png

I would suggest you liaise with a certified Polycom Reseller in order to check that this is a supported environment.

Source => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, make that 9"!!

HP Recommended

I have attempted to use two 2457-25646-001 to convert the walta from the phone to cat5e, then back to walta.  No success.  Is this even a supported\documented solution?

HP Recommended

Yep! I tried that too. A Standard straight thru' CAT5e won't work.  The pin outs are in the Integrators Guide found under the HDX9000 Doucuments & Downloads.

Pete

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks Petep-

I guess my question is really, one of actual experience.  Has anyone followed the pin-out diagram and how did it work out?

HP Recommended

Our AV integrator soldered the pins together according to the diagram, and it did work.

Using that adapter did not work - that adapter is for extending Mic Arrays/Pods - not for controlling or interacting with the HDX from an IP7000.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.