Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a HDX7000 and has been configured to work with Lync. 

Unfortunatly as part of this, it appears the "SYSTEM > ADMIN SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS > SECURITY > SECURITY SETTINGS > (PAGE 3) > AES ENCRYPTION" setting constantly resets itself back to "Required for all calls" 

We need this setting to be "When available"

I saved the profile and found the value to be "encryptionenable" which is set to "TRUE" when "When available" is configured, and "RequireALL" when set to "Required for all calls"

I've set the numerious times on the machine and via the webpage but the machine keeps resetting this setting after some time (not sure if after a time limit, system sleep or restart yet)

Is there a way I can perminantly set this so it stops changing?

Kind Regards

Beau

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Do you use any management servers (CMA, Resource Manager)?
HP Recommended

This behavior is by design. This feature was added as part of Lync 2010 Qualification where the Lync server pushes the encryption level down to all the clients : PC based Lync clients and HDX appliances. The model around encryption being provisioned and pushed from the Lync server is a native integration feature and there is no way to decouple this on HDX systems (this is a requirement to be Lync 2010 Qualified).

Please ask the customer to change the encryption level on the Lync server to one that makes encryption optional and this should remedy the problem.

HP Recommended

If I set the configuration on the server to SupportEncryption, what affect does that have on every other connection?

At present they are all encrypted, will they continue to be encrypted? I'm just worried about changing this setting and having other connections that are currently working with encryption not bothering to encrypt anymore.

Any advice on that aspect?

HP Recommended

Just realised this is actually a Lync question, not a Polycom question. Apologizes

HP Recommended

Changing the Lync media encryption setting from required to supported does not impact existing Lync behavior.  All Lync clients will still ask to use encryption on media sessions and thus it will still be used.  The only difference is before no encrypted sessions would be allowed, but now an endpoint which does not support encryption or does not ask for it will be allowed to establish an unencrypted media session.

So all Lync to Lync or Lync to Lync AVMCU calls are still encrypted, but a Lync to 'other' endpoint call will be allowed as either encrypted or unencrypted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.