How-To Configure Studio x50 for Microsoft teams

DanH1976
Occasional Advisor

Re: How-To Configure Studio x50 for Microsoft teams

Just to update on the above (sorry to hijack this thread!)...

I've tested a couple of Teams meetings with the X50 now and broadly it seems ok. The TC8 is responsive, tracking works ok.

Biggest issue is Airplay/Miracast isn't working. I can't see the X50 from my phone. It worked ok before I put the Teams app on so I might try a factory reset and start again.

Message 21 of 28
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

@DanH1976 wrote:

Biggest issue is Airplay/Miracast isn't working. I can't see the X50 from my phone. It worked ok before I put the Teams app on so I might try a factory reset and start again.

Hello @DanH1976 

certain features depend on the mode the Studio X / G7500 is in and if the relevant partner wants to support this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 22 of 28
DanH1976
Occasional Advisor

Hi @Steffen

Thanks for your reply.

Can you expand on that please? Airplay/Miracast is a function we definitely need. When you say "partner" do you mean Microsoft might not have that enabled in Teams for the X50?

Message 23 of 28
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @DanH1976 

to my personal knowledge AirPlay and MiraCast is only supported in Poly Video App mode.

I believe our partner Microsoft would need to allow "us" to use this in Microsoft Teams Mode. A bit similar to the 2nd Monitor on a Studio X50 and/or the HDMI in.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 24 of 28
Matt-B
Occasional Visitor

I have submitted a uservoice to try and get the 2nd monitor in the Android app.  Please vote it up for MS to review.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40972753-teams-app-android-mul...

Message 25 of 28
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Matt-B , @netit-cal , @DanH1976 , @Jérémy  and @fridbjorn 

Studio X Collab bar Microsoft Teams updates now published >here<

Best regards

Steffen Baier
----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 26 of 28
Cédric
Occasional Visitor

Hello

When using a TC8 with Studio X the tablet UI is really poor.

Is any update planned so it can look more like a Teams Room interface ?

E.g. show this list of next meeting and one touch join, better camera control etc.

Thank you 

Message 27 of 28
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Cédric 

Please check the Microsoft Roadmap here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap

This all depends on our partner Microsoft

replied via a mobile device 

----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 28 of 28