Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi
During a multi-point conference call a HDX8000 codec suddenly dropped network speed from 100Mbps to 10Mbps.
Since then, the codec has been put into a diagnostic test with a direct connected PC and with an isolated LAN setup configured with a DHCP router.
On both setup the codec behaves the same as during the first incident.
During the incident, the Software Versions is: 2.6.0-4740
During the diagnostic tests,the Software Versions were: 2.6.0-4740, 2_6_1_3-5205 and 3.0.6-37004
-------------------------------------
HDX8000 speed-auto duplex-full
10Mbps yes yes
100Mbps failed failed
-------------------------------------
Partial System log

2021-03-01 00:19:07 INFO kernel: PHY: e0024520:01 - Link is Up - 100/Full
2021-03-01 00:19:11 INFO kernel: PHY: e0024520:01 - Link is Down
2021-03-01 00:19:14 INFO kernel: PHY: e0024520:01 - Link is Up - 100/Full
2021-03-01 00:19:16 INFO kernel: PHY: e0024520:01 - Link is Down

What could be the problem? What can be further tested?
Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @solskog ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

What is the history of this unit? The HDX is end of sale and end of life since back in 2016 and support is only until October 2021

Two of your previous replies have been removed due to a Spam signature being detected so I am unsure if this is a real post either.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

This Unit is one of three units that belongs to our customer. I am aware that the HDX series are out of stock but as you mentioned they are still supported util October this year. My customer are planning to buy new codecs to replace HDX series.  But before purchase new codec, these old HDXs are still on duty. And Yes, two of the units are no longer within any service contract and therefore I am asking help from the community. From my customer's point of view, it's better to use the partial functioning codec with only 10 mbps until the new codec arrives.

About my previous two replies:

1, About whether or not Group 310 with touch monitor require a dual option license.  Maybe I didn't fully understand Group 310 license term and answered wrong, but I can't understand why it's been qualified as spam.

2, About the document "Serial Number Field Definition for a unit that has a MAC address", I noticed there could be 53 weeks in a leap year and not 52 weeks every year as week of manufacture. same here, not a spam.

Tanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @solskog ,

the HDX is not out of stock but end of life i.e. and official support via Poly will run out in October as already outlined.

Not knowing if this unit is 1 year old or 15 years old and the condition etc. we can only assume that it is defective or corrupted in some way. This may cause what the customer is seeing. I am unsure how the community can help here.

• For the post about the touch screen, your reply did not really contribute to the actual question.
  • For the post about the calendar again the comment does not really help anyone else as this information is usually internal only and the date is printed on the back of the unit. The shared document was just to help others if they need to figure out the year from the serial.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Three units were manufactured in year 2009, 2010 and 2012. the malfunction one was 2010. My customer planning to replace these units on next year.

Thanks! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.