Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a HDX 8000, and my TV needed replacement and now have a Sony KDL-55W805C
Everything is fine, unless sound as there is no sound from the Polycom.

Can anyone confirm if this should be working ? - There is a red and white audio cable, that also fits into the TV but no sound. The TV itself, is working fine with sound, so it is from the polycom the issue exist

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hello dvbgaj,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to provide some more details like the HDX Serial Number, the HDX Software Versions, Details if this worked before you swapped the screen etc.

I would assume you are using a DVI cable from the HDX to the TV but as you have not provided that detail I can only guess on this.

In addition if you switch between the sources on the TV do you get the sound but no picture from the HDX on any other inputs?

Did you check the TV Manual if the RCA sockets where you plugged you red and white cables into are actually inputs or outputs ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

In the HDX 8000 it is connected with DVI and in the TV it is connected with HDMI - like it also did in the old TV. And picture is working fine

In the TV there is 5 ports, where the audio cables fits into - and I have of course tried all kinds of combination, but no sound if I try the "sound test" on the polycom
On the tv The audio ports are sitting just next to the scart cable port, but of course no scart cable is used.

HP Recommended

Hello dvbgaj,

can you post a picture of the backplane of the TV showing all inputs ?

You should really consult with Sony on this as the HDX was working before but maybe we can see something on the Picture.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello dvbgaj,

the resolution on the picture is no good to zoom in to see anything useful.

I can see a component input at the top which I presume you connected the red and white cables to but as you stated that you do not get any Audio on any port I am not sure what to suggest.

I assume the HDX worked before with the old screen so I would suggest to consult with Sony what input you can use. There may be a 3.5mm input for Audio in but again with the bad resolution picture you provided it is hard to tell. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Also ensure you are using the right connections on the HDX end as shown => here <=

HP Recommended

2dvbgaj

Change output format of  the HDX's Monitor 1 to YPbPr (Component) and try to connect as shown in the attached picture.

HP Recommended

Attached is how it looks on the TV - and how it is connected on the HDX

Can anyone confirm if this should be working ?

HP Recommended

OVG - This cable on the attached picture, I don´t have such a cable. For Audio I Only have a cable with a red and white

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.