Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom PRT were kind enough to respond to my customers qury about IP7000 & Lync & explained that the IP7000 has no relationship with Lync.

BUT

if an IP700 is connected to a HDX7000 registered to Microsoft Lync, you’d be able to make a voice call from the IP7000 and the audio for said voice call would be routed though the internal speaker of the IP7000 right ?

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, if the IP7000 is used as the audio device for the HDX, as the HDX handles the Lync registration and not the SSIP device.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes, if the IP7000 is used as the audio device for the HDX, as the HDX handles the Lync registration and not the SSIP device.

HP Recommended

Jeff,

I'm reviving an old thread because it seems relevant to my issue.  I have a client with an IP7000 connecting to our hosted Lync 2010 servers over a VPN because I have been told by members of my team that it cannot connect to Internet-facing Lync edge servers.  The VPN method is proving unreliable and the phone is losing registration often and not reconnecting on it's own.  I would prefer to have it register directly over the Internet.  As such, can the IP7000 be an audio-only device to the HDX6000 and the HDX register to a Lync 2010 edge server in a hosted environment?

I appreciate any guidance you would have on the subject.

-felipe

Felipe Vidal

Service Manager, Conquest Technology Services

HP Recommended

Edit: Apparently we are on a Lync 2013 platform, not 2010. 

-felipe

HP Recommended

Hello cts-felipe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SSIP7000 is not supported for any LYNC 2010 or 2013 direct registration.

The SSIP7000 can be used in conjunction with a compatible HDX device.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.  Is the HDX6000 Lync 2013 edge server registration compatible so that it can make the Lync connection and the IP7000 be an audio-only device on it?

Thanks,

-felipe

HP Recommended

Hello cts-felipe,

please always consult the latest Software release notes for any compatibility issues.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.