Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My HDX7000 device is working can able to do conference call when call is comming from remote site. Not able to operate the device through remote control , also checked the remote control with other HDX7000 device its working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi AKoley & welcome to our community.

The IR pickup for the HDX Remote is in the camera, so it may be an issue with the camera.

Try a shut down, remove the mains power, unplug camera both ends & check for pin damage & debris in the connectors. Re-cable, re-apply mains power & restart.

Still not working.

Try to detect camera in Admin>Cameras.

Still no joy?

Check Admin>General Settings>System Settings>Remote Control/Keypad>Channel ID should be 3 unless you've changed it.

If all that fails try a different camera if you can (REM: unplug mains before plugging peripherals in/out).

After all that my only other suggestion is to contact your supplier & file a return request for repair of the camera.

Bon chance:)

Pete

HP Recommended

Oh! & it IS possible to plug cameras in upside down.  Polycom logo on the camera cable should be uppermost.

HP Recommended

You did not mention it but IF you have a Polycom Touch Control connected, but if you do, the hand held remote will not do anything...

Gary M

HP Recommended

Good call. I'll add that to my list. Hapy Friday. Pete

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I did all you listed or what I could. How do I get to the admin screen? I replaced batteries, checked connections, and tested on another machine (an HDX 8000) still not working. I see the blue light flicker as if it's receiving an AR signal but nothing on the screen.

I'm thinking there must be an issue with the camera which gets me back to: How to get to the admin screen to detect camera. (It's been unplugged and replugged)

Thanks

HP Recommended

@akoley, the other possible issue is that the IR Remote channel might be set incorrectly.   Try resetting the HDX remote to channel 3 and see if that helps.

For instructions,  see my blog post at http://bit.ly/1ilIJs7 which (coincidently) just went live... 

HP Recommended

Hello good day, I ask you this my remote controls not working properly with my camera connected to a data cable 20 meters, but if it works by connecting the camera to polycom and a shorter cable 1,80 m, one has the Connection diagram for cables 30 meters, for me running again my remote.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.