When I attempt a software update via the web console, I click:
Software Update> Next
and then the little animation starts.
The HDX7000 loads the update screen for a minute or so then just restarts and boots back up to the home screen.
Anyone know a reason for this?
I have Security Mode disabled.
Brian, did you unzip the software download? The software file you are pointing to should have an extension of .pup
In this case use an USB Stick to upgrade your HDX.
1) Copy the .pup file to the root of an usb stick.
2) create a text file (for example "upgrade.txt) with the following content:
U<TAB>Serial number of the HDX<TAB>Upgrade key
3) copy the "upgrade.txt" also to the root of your USB stick.
4) Boot your HDX
5) after finishing the boot process plug in your usb stick
6) you should see a upgrade message on the screen
7) start the update process