Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello , I am trying to upgrade our HDX7000 to software version 3.1.0

The software is currently version 2.6.0-4740

I click all the way along and then I get to a screen where it either wants me to enter a software key or upload a file with a software key.

Where can I get this key ? I can see a key in my system infromation but it does not like this key when I enter it manually.

Regards

F

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello FMoore,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If your system is currently running 2.6 and you want to update to 3.1.0 you are most likely out of a service contract.

Please work with your Polycom reseller to purchase the upgrade option.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have taken this VC back from an office that closed in a different country 2 years ago.

Am I not able to upgrade the OS on the device with a maintenance contract from a 3rd party supplier ?

HP Recommended

Hello FMoore,

I am not a Polycom Sales Rep so I can only advise you to contact your Polycom reseller.

As far as I am aware a Polycom maintenance contract would enable you to download and use any Software Upgrade during the duration of the contract.

If your contract is with a 3rd party you would require to purchase the update via a Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry , I dont have a 3rd party support or maintenance contract.

Do Polycom not allow me to upgrade the device to the latest OS available ?

We purchased the device through a 3rd party a few years ago , but don't have any S&M with it.

It seems rather mean of Polycom not to allow me to do that.

What is the latest version of software I can upgrade to with the software key , if any ?

HP Recommended

Hello FMoore,

the http://support.polycom.com portal will enable you to check your device serial number against our database (Licensing & Product Registration) and show the availability of future updates like 3.0.x or 3.1.x.

This is a common practice as new versions include new features but ensure that your main investment into the hardware is future proof.

A Key for Version 2.6 will only enable you to upgrade within the 2.6 range which currently is 2.6.1.3.

Please work with a Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.