Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've tried to update my HDX7000 to the newest firmware 3.1.4 but the update failed. And after the reboot all the text was replaced by the text UNKNOW, even the webinterface doesn't work anymore.

Im sort of freeking out, what can i do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay did you try just doing a hard reset with no USB? If you haven't try that. Though if that doesn't fix your issue you would have to report this issue to Polycom tech support. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, 

What software version were you updating from? How are you trying to do the update on the HDX when it failed? 

HP Recommended

I was updating from 3.1.1.

I downloaded the lasted firmware from the website, then i went to the webinterface and from there i upgraded the firmware.

And then it rebooted and i had the problem i described. 

HP Recommended

Well the only option that comes to mind is doing this via USB. 

I would get a USB stick that formatted for FAT 32. Put the 3.1.4.pup file onto the root of the USB stick. Turn off the HDX and plug the USB into the back of the HDX. Then turn on the HDX and hold down the reset button right below the power button. You should use a paper clip or something that can fit into the reset button. Hold the reset button until the blue light flashes amber. This will reset your HDX and install the software off the USB stick. 

HP Recommended

I did like you told but i dont see a firmware upgrade.

what i did :

- format the usb to FAT32 en put the file on the usb

- put the usb in the system

- put a paperclip into the tiny gap

- turned on the machine, but no light is flashing amber just blue

- when the whole system booted up i tried to rest it again, and the light flashes amber, the machine rebooted it but no upgrade.

- i tried it again after the self test, the light flashes amber and i got a setup screen to choose my language, so i choose english/american but still no luck. every text says unknown unknow....

what is going wrong...?

HP Recommended

Okay did you try just doing a hard reset with no USB? If you haven't try that. Though if that doesn't fix your issue you would have to report this issue to Polycom tech support. 

HP Recommended

thanks that worked

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.