Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have recently turned EAS Encryption on for our RMX2000 (7.7.0.158), HDX6000 (3.0.5-22695), and VSX systems. We can do point to point calls between the HDX6000 and VSX units without any problems and VSX to RMX2000 Meeting rooms but, HDX6000 units sitting outside of our head office to RMX2000 Meeting rooms fail.

Some of the testing I have done.

From a branch office that has both a HDX and VSX system I can confirm that the HDX fails to connect to RMX2000 meeting rooms but, the VSX connects without trouble. The difference between the config is the HDX is SIP enabled and the default gateway points to a firewall onsite and the VSX is H323 only and the default gateway is the telco router.

If I change the default gateway on the HDX so it matches the VSX it works successfully. A network problem I was thinking but, if I set the default gateway on back to the firewall and turn AES encryption Off on both the HDX and RMX Meeting room it also connects successfully.

Has anybody come across this before? Do you have any ideas on where to look next? I really need to have encryption turned on (Lync integration) and the default gateway pointing to our firewall (calling via the internet).

Many Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,

Glen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It sounds like the default gateway you are using with the HDX is not supporting AES encryption.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It sounds like the default gateway you are using with the HDX is not supporting AES encryption.

HP Recommended

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

Further testing showed that it was any call that was using an onsite firewall as a default gateway and routing over the WAN was failing.

Have found that the firewall was doing H323 Application inspection and that was causing the problem.

Many Thanks,

Glen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.