Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've got a HDX6000 running 3.0.5-22695.

After a system reboot the AES Encryption setting is always set to "Required for All Calls"

I can change this setting to "Off", "When Available", "Required for Video Calls Only", "Required for All Calls"

The setting is applied correctly to the HDX6000 when I Update the Security page.

After a system reboot the AES Encryption setting reverts back  to "Required for All Calls"

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

According to SR1-219042221 this is a known issue with Lync integrated HDXs.  Since Lync doesn't do AES this is odd.  Awaiting Hotfix/new release.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Is this system associated with a CMA as a provisioning server ?  If so, it could be causing this.   I've not experienced this on the HDX 6000s that I've upgraded...

Gary M

HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

Are you changing the settings via remote control or webinterface ?

HP Recommended

Hi

I'm changing the settings via the web interface.

HP Recommended

Hi

It's a standalone system, but Lync integrated.

HP Recommended

According to SR1-219042221 this is a known issue with Lync integrated HDXs.  Since Lync doesn't do AES this is odd.  Awaiting Hotfix/new release.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Any update on this hotfix? We have several HDX8000 systems integrated with Lync and experiencing the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi Lats & Welcome.

Only your local Polycom Tech Support can update you on Hot Fixes/New Releases.

But FYI I have an HDX4000, same s/w version on Lync with AES Set to "When available" it's it's just as happy as a clam (or insert local phrase here).

HP Recommended

The AES Encryption issue in 3.0.5 is actually new behavior which is intended.  The HDX is now adhering to a Microsoft qualification requirement that registered endpoints reflect the server-side media encryption policy as an in-band provisioning policy.

So if your Lync media encryption policy (Get-CsMediaConfiguration) is still set to the default value of RequireEncryption then after the HDX succesfully registers to Lync it will update its own AES Encryption setting to match this requirement.

In mixed Lync environments where third-party video endpoints or video calling with Windows Live Messenger is enabled then it is recommended to change this server-side policy to SupportEncryption.  This configuration still uses SRTP media encryption for most Lync calls, but will leave the HDX at 'When Available' if this is needed for non-SIP calls to other systems which do not support media encryption.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.