Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Similar to some comments added to the Can't see Lync Directory we have 23,000 users.

I have a reseller with an EU who has recently upgraded as above to resolve other issues.

He is sure that in the past the PTC would display his entire Lync Directory (circa 650-700) & persons you wished to Lync call could be looked up in there. (Favorites, Global Directory or other Group name as specified in Global Directory Setup).

This is no longer the case as now you need to search for a Lync users name (& it will find it just fine).

I'm reading between the lines here but Jeffs reply to earlier posts has caosed me to believe this is expected behavios.

Anyone confim?

If not, what is required to have the whole Lync Directory appear on the PTC?

PeteT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Even with less users if enough data is populated in Active Directory (Title, Department, etc) it's possible that the actual address book files will still be too large to decompress in the HDX.  But with under 1000 users that is typically not likely so there may be another reason preventing the directory search from working on the PTC.  I'd suggest you open a support ticket for this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Most likely the HDX is now falling back to ABWQ mode for directory seaching in your environment (23,000 users) which means that no Address Book file is downloaded and cached locally on the HDX.  As the PTC utilizies this cached address book file if it does not exist on the HDX then directory display/searching on the PTC will not work.

HP Recommended

Sorry Jeff.  I may have miss-lead ypou by referencing a previous poster with a >20k Lync Directory.  This user has only 650~700 users.

HP Recommended

Even with less users if enough data is populated in Active Directory (Title, Department, etc) it's possible that the actual address book files will still be too large to decompress in the HDX.  But with under 1000 users that is typically not likely so there may be another reason preventing the directory search from working on the PTC.  I'd suggest you open a support ticket for this.

HP Recommended
We have the same Problem with 3.0.5. Users cant see the Lync Directory anymore. Lync User: ~1050 HDX 7000 Version C + PTC The ADB File shuold be to big? Its working perfectly with 3.0.4., so why Polycom changed smth in 3.0.5 that lets the ADB file grow? Supportticket is there alreay, since a long time, but.... lets call it ticket, not support. PTC also feels a lot slower with wave 3.0.5. updates.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.