Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello to the Polycom Community,

I have searched from the Polycom Partner website and from this website and I could not find an answer (maybe I missed it ...).

Does anyone know which is the pickup range of a standard HDX microphone array? I am asking it because my customer is very carefull about sound and I want to be sure I will provide him a good solution (technical & financial) regarding its room.

I know IP 7000 can be a great solution with its 20ft pickup range but it adds some cost.

Regarding IP 7000, is it a 20ft diameter or radius pickup range ?

Thank you,

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From HDX Admin Guide -> Connecting Devices to the Polycom HDX Microphone Input -> Connecting Polycom HDX Table or Ceiling Microphones:

Each Polycom microphone covers a 3-6 foot radius, depending on the noise level and acoustics in the room.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

From HDX Admin Guide -> Connecting Devices to the Polycom HDX Microphone Input -> Connecting Polycom HDX Table or Ceiling Microphones:

Each Polycom microphone covers a 3-6 foot radius, depending on the noise level and acoustics in the room.

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

Thank you for this information.

To complete the answer, regarding IP 7000, in the AdminGuide there is a mention about radius in the AGC Chapter:

"This increases the effective user-phone radius and helps with the intelligibility of soft-talkers."

So I infer the IP 7000 pickup range is 20ft radius.

Thanx

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

According to the Ceiling Mic Tech Spec, “Each Ceiling Microphone Array covers a 30’ diameter” which inferring the pickup range of Ceiling Mic is 15 feet.

BTW, is there a documented file indicating the exact pickup range specification of HDX table mic array?

Regards,

Rick

HP Recommended

Rick,

As usually in acoustics the pickup range depends of many conditions and can't be indicated exactly. The values like "30' diameter" must be considered as estimated in normal conditions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.