Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We've just recently moved our office and I've been trying to get our Polycom HDX 9002 up and running but for some reason it won't connect properly to the network. Only the right hand light on the Lan connector lights up green, nada on the left. In diagnostics I ping the IP address, it responds with H323 reachable, ping the gateway, responds H323 unreachable. Go to my desk and ping the Codecs IP, times out....ping the gateway, comes back with a response.

I've tried plugging directly into our switch, different ports, still nothing, then straight into the cable modem/gateway, bypassing everything still only one way. There is no firewall involved so can't figure it out. If I use all the same IP/Gateway/DNS #s and enter on my laptop, bingo, both green and amber lights and connection no problem.

I called Polycom support and together with Scan Source, a new unit was shipped to try as we all thought maybe the NIC card might have been damaged in the move (moved in my car carefully actually). New Codec did exactly the same thing, only one connection light and H323 unreachable.

Anybody have secrets or know of some obscure setting I should be checking? IT guys at our headquarters are blaming my patch cable making expertise...tried Polycom's cables, no change.

...Steve

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dang, just noticed I was suppose to post this in the support forum, very sorry, how can I move it.

HP Recommended

Make sure that the switch ports and the codec are set the same way, like both auto.  If one is set to Auto and the other hard coded we have seen that cause issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.