Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an HDX 8000 system which is absolutely working fine otherwise, but I have noticed that sometimes it just reboots randomly on its own. It isn't that frequent, but I have observed it a few times now. What could be the reason for it? Can you please help me with this?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Try a factory reset, search the Admin Guide for "factory" here

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

You may then have to s/w update it. If less than V2.5 after the reset ensure you upgrade via V2.5 before going on to V3.0.3.1.

I've no evidence upgrading from V2.0.x to V3.0.x is dangerous but I like to play it safe.

Regards

Pete

HP Recommended

I am currently on 3.0.2.1.

Does this mean that the firmware might have got corrupted and that is why I need a reset?

HP Recommended

Hi Dharam.

It's rare but possible, especially if you have unreliable power.

Since you're on 3.0.2 perhaps a simple 3.0.3 update would do in the 1st instance & see if that normalises things.Surge protetced power would be recommended but you shouldn't need a full blown UPS.

If the symptoms persist with V3.0.3 and surge protection, follow the earlier advise.

Pete

HP Recommended

Just another thought.  Is the mic cable running over the floor?  It carries power from the codec to the mic.  If regularly run over by wheeled chairs this could develop a short & trip the HDX PSU.

HP Recommended

I have ceiling mics so that should not be a problem. I am going to do the factory reset today. Lets see...
Thanks for your help. 

HP Recommended

Did the reset. All the configuration is done as it was earlier. But now I am having a problem while conferencing with one of the sites. I can see the video from the far site but the far site cannot see my video. What could be the problem? I am having no problem conferencing with another site and the other site is also able to connect properly to the one I am having problems with.

HP Recommended

Sounds like something may have changed in the network if this has been OK in the past.  usually there is a firewall that blocks incoming video traffic.  The issue may be at the other site. Is that third site behind the same firewall as the one not receiving your video?

HP Recommended

There was no change in the network. The issue got resolved after I updated the software at the other end too.

HP Recommended

So how is the random reboot issue.? Since it's "random" I guess it'll take a while to confirmn this has gone away too.

We have5 HDXs on 24/7 & they don't seem to randomly reboot. ( In spite of earlier advice, we don't have them on proteceted PSUs either!).

I am pleased to hear thing seem to be getting better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.