Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hi,

by default hdx8000 set the screen saver timeout to 3 mins and after 3mins it blank screen then i click any key in remote or even presss the server's power bottom and it resume to blue light but nothing shows in TV...until i forece shutdown the device and start again...

also the remote not work to power on the hdx8000 but power off ok.

regards.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Sounds like the monitor may be going to sleep as well. Check the sleep timers on the monitor. What version of software is the HDX running? As of version 3.0 the remote can be set to power OFF and ON.
HP Recommended

No, the TV is no not sleep mode.

HDX version is 3.03 (latest also tested in 3.01 and 3.02 has same problem).

tested the power button only works for OFF.. Also as mentioned after standby whatever i press the power button in remote of power switch in server it just turn blue but nothing shows in TV....until i cold boot.

HP Recommended

We were having a similar issue with our HDX 8000. We have the Polycom cart and 42" monitor as well. We also thought it was the screen saver but it ended up being a bad monitor. It was still under warranty and was replaced by Polycom.

The HDX 8000 had a blue light on the power button and the monitor power button had a green light, but the monitor was black (no picture). We went through a long process of trying to figure out what it was with tech support (settings, new software, new Polycom box etc), but it ended up being a problem with the monitor itself. Tech support told us that the lamps in the monitor aren't firing up when the Polycom box wakes up from sleep, so they replaced the monitor and it resolved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.