Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have been getting random calls to pur video unit, happens every 4-5 minutes. Its always a direct IP call, durtaion s always 0:00. As it originates from different IP addresses we cannot block the IP on a firewall level. How do we limit the IPs that can direct IP call the unit? Codec is H323, SIP is disabled. Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

If you have specific IP addresses your HDX unit calls you can create a whitelist and only allow calls from those specific IPs. 

We were having this issue as well and this is how we resolved it. It obviously depends on your envoriment and who you are calling/recieving calls from. 

HP Recommended

hi, yes, i guess i could do that but cant find the spot on the unit itself? do you know where the whitelist for originating IPs is?

HP Recommended

The Whitelist on the HDX 8000 is enabled and managed through the web UI. 

See here: http://www.hse.ru/data/2014/03/20/1332305736/Polycom_hdx_ag.pdf

Page 8-33.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Sorry to jump in here, but I believe that whitelist is ONLY for management of the HDX thru the Web UI, not for preventing calls. 

It IS possible that you have a VBP that DOES have the ability to limit (Whitelist/Blacklist) of calls. 

Hope that helps.

Gary M

HP Recommended

unfortunately Gary is correct, the whitelist on our device is for filtering management IPs. i was really hoping a $12k unit would have this simple feature... 

HP Recommended

any help would be greatly appreciated... 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

This issue is similar to cold callers ringing someone’s Phone line.

Unfortunately due the fact that most Video Conferencing units are open on the internet so other video units can call them a group of people targets multiple units via scripts.

Some sad people out there have no better things to do than searching for ways to utilize other peoples properties in order toll fraud via dialing out on H.323 or SIP enabled endpoints.

The only solution is to protect your own endpoint via:

• Your local Firewall team blocking known IP address ranges
  • A Polycom Firewall traversal solution (speak to a Polycom reseller for details)

In order to add this to the HDX or even GroupSeries Software a Feature request would be required via a Polycom sales engineer.

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info Gary,

We never set this feature up so I was not aware, but I'm pretty surprised this is not for whitelisting calls. 

HP Recommended

Why not include a blacklist/whitelist feature? seems like a pretty simple and useful function.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.