Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a Polycom HDX 8000 with version 3.1.2 installed on it and are trying to use Microsoft Lync 2013 to conference in with the video features. We get an error message saying the video has failed and only the audio works. I've read on some of the other forums that we might need to have the RTV license installed, which we don't. I wanted to make sure that this is the only solution or if there is something else not working correctly. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Cperkins,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Using the community's search facility with the "2013" as the search content I found 2 post's already => here <= and => here <= describing the requirements.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I purchased a HDX RTV/CCP License and I received the Serial Number for the license. Now I'm trying to figure out how to install the license and make it work.

HP Recommended

Hello Cperkins,

on the HDX Web Interface browse to Admin Settings => General Settings => Options.

The Admin Guide from our Support home page should also cover this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I entered the serial number in the Key box and the only information it shows is:

Enable Multipoint trial:  followed by a check box

The Key Box

Option: which says Enabled

Am I doing something wrong?

HP Recommended

Hello Cperkins,

how is the number you have received is formatted ?

A key is usually blocks of 4 numbers / digits separated by a "-" 

Did you activate the license => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I tried activating the key and got the following message:

Invalid Serial Number Entered. Please check to be sure that you are entering the correct serial number. For PVX software, the serial number is the same as your license number, which has the format of "XPVX-ABCD-ABCD", including the dashes.

My serial number starts with a K and is followed by four numbers, a dash, and three more sets of four numbers separated by dashes. Is there something that could be wrong with my serial number?

HP Recommended

I have activated the serial number and I placed it in the Admin settings - Options but it still is not working. Is there someone that can help me out? I've reset the system and tried everything I can think of but to no avail.

HP Recommended

I know this issue is from 2013 but looking for information on Lync 2013 I stumbled across it.

We ran into a similar experience with an HDX8000 in early 2013 - trying to license it for RTV when it was already enabled for MPplus 4port. We were not able to activate the RTV license with MPplus 4port already enabled. The two features literally couldn't exist at the same time exactly as you described. We tried a system reset and reinstalling the RTV key which did not work. We got a new keycode from our reseller for RTV only without MPplus 4port and confirmed the RTV license installed correctly  - and Lync 2010 displayed in full HD which was brilliant - but we needed to have the 4port software bridge to host calls on the HDX8000 and since the RTV codec could only do active speaker presence (Lync 2010) and we were hoping for continuous presence (Not sure if this works in Lync 2013 w/ RTV installed?) we ended up reverting back to a keycode that just had MPplus 4port installed without RTV. 

Did you end up ever getting RTV and MPplus 4port working together on the same HDX?

HP Recommended

I can confirm that RTV & MPplus 4port are working while both enabled on the same box now. They just can't work AT THE SAME TIME. Not sure if newer firmware helped or not but they are now both working (separately) on 3.1.2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.