Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to register Polycom hdx 8000 (2.6) with Cisco Call Manager 8.0. When I followed steps discribed in 

http://www.polycom.com/company/why_polycom/interoperability/cisco.html

I ended with resgistratrion status of my polycom marked as "rejecteed".

Above article says that software 2.6 works fine with CUCM 6.x and 7.x. How about CUCM 8.0 ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

Support for CISCO TIP was introduced with firmware version 3.0.2 and an option key is required.

From the 3.0.2 release notes:

Support for Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP)

HDX systems with version 3.0.2 software and the TIP option key can

interoperate with TIP endpoints. When the TIP option key is installed, the

following changes are made automatically:

The 1024 setting is enabled on the Call Speeds screen.

A TIP setting is displayed and enabled on the Call Preference screen.

A SIP setting is automatically enabled on the Call Preference screen.

• SIP (TIP) Calls settings appear on the Preferred Speeds screen.

HDX Systems

TIP is supported on the following HDX systems:

Polycom HDX 4500

Polycom HDX 7000 HD with Hardware Version C

Polycom HDX 8000 HD with Hardware Version B

Polycom HDX 9006

TIP Support Notes

Only TIP version 7 is supported.

In a TIP call, only XGA content at 5 fps is supported in the Content in

Connector (VGA or DVI). USB content from the Polycom Touch Control

and People+Content IP is not supported in TIP calls.

HDX systems cannot host multipoint calls while in a SIP (TIP) call.

SIP (TIP) calls must connect at a call speed of 1 Mbps or higher.

For more information about Polycom support for the TIP protocol, refer to the

white paper Polycom Enhances Its Portfolio with Support of Telepresence

Interoperability Protocol (TIP) and Polycom Unified Communications Deployment

Guide for Cisco Environment

Here is the link to the deployment guide, page 28 contains a list of all the supported products. 

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

HP Recommended

This partly answers my question.

I have an HDX9004 v3.0.3 with multipoint license and I have registered h.323 to cma gatekeeper and SIP to CUCM v. 8.0

I do not have a TIP license and I don't think it will work since it's an HDX9004.

I'm able to make point to point calls via SIP using a Cisco 9971 series phone and HDX9004 but I can not make multipoint calls.

I'm able to keep a multipoint call active.

Every time I call from Cisco 9971 phone to the same unit which is on a multipoint call, it joins for 2-3 seconds and i'm able to see all other parties but after 2-3 seconds it turns into an audio only call and I'm not able to see anybody, but other participants are able to see me. After 50 or so seconds the video phone disconnects.

Time try another HDX to see what happens!

HP Recommended

sorry but i cant open the links its giving me an error website not found

HP Recommended

Hello AWAD,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The post you replied to is from back in 2011 so these Links can change.

A good tip for future requests is to simply use the document title and utilize an external search engine like => this <=

Please remember that the Polycom reseller who sold you the Polycom equipment should be your first support contact and ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffenbair,

i have i found this document for integration of polycom hdx8000 with cucm but i am bit confuse which deployement model i should follow as there couple of deployment models 

i didnt use polycom product before so kindly excuse me for this basic question.

appreciate your guidance in this regard.

Regards

Awad

HP Recommended

Hello AWAD,

You should really consult with your Polycom reseller on this as we, Polycom, do sell professional services for integrations.

Maybe another community member wants to provide you with step by step help.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.