Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,  I was hoping someone may be able to help me revive a HDX 7001 that is getting stuck on the Polycom logo when it tries to boot up.  I tried a factory reset and it did not seem to help. 

My next idea was to use the USB method and put the .PUP file and txt file on the usb stick and try to restore that way.  This presented an interesting question.  I don't know version software is currently on the unit as it will not boot.  The website says "Use this software (2.6.1.3) as an intermediate step to upgrade an HDX system from version 2.0.3 or earlier"

My question is, is it a better idea to load 2.6.1.3 and possibly downgrade the unit in the process if the version on the unit is newer, then upgrade to 3.1.13 or try to directly upgrade to 3.1.13 and possibly skip the intermediate step in the process?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @appleaday3k,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Most likely the unit is requiring an RMA but as you have not provided enough basic details we cannot respond with the next steps.

If you have access to the licensing portal you can check the devices serial and create a recovery USB stick with the right license file.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Thank you Steffen,

We are a vendor that supports multiple offices and the Polycom was purchased in the past and is not under a support contract as it is extremely old.

Do you know how I be able to obtain access to the portal to download the recovery tools?

I actually have another unit we want to repair so this process is a good learning experience 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello @appleaday3k,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?
Answer: 
Please check this post in the Software Licensing section => here <=

There are no specific tools. A USB stick with the software and a text file

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.