Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an HDX 7000 HD hardware version A software release - 3.0.0.1

For some reason I can't get it to send video at a faster rate than ~480k even when I specify the call speed as 1024k or higher.  I don't think it's an issue with my internet speed as I've tried from a few different locations all with 1024k or higher up speed with the same result.

Video is sending at 1280 x 720.

As far as I can tell there is nothing limiting the call speed in the admin settings.

What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If your HDX 7000 HD Hardware Version A system is connecting with 720p video, then the call should have connected at 832kbps or higher.  (That's the Call Rate.)

This means that you might be looking at Video Rate Used field in the call statistics.  Video Rate Used should always be less than Video Rate (which is the "negotiated" video rate) and it fluctuates depending on the video being encoded/decoded.  If the video being encoded/decoded does not have much movement, it does not require as much bandwidth as if would if video with more movement is being encoded/decoded, and therefore Video Rate Used can be significantly less than the "negotiated" rate or Video Rate.

The rate can also be significantly less than the call rate if there's packet loss that causes either Lost Packet Recovery (LPR) or Dynamic Bandwidht Allocation (DBA) to activate.

See this article in the Knoweldge Base for additional information - http://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/externalviewdocument.do?email=true&externalID=15992&micro...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.