Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any suggestions in relation to the following issue?

We've recently installed two of these codecs and the issue is slightly different on both when connecting a laptop to the DVI-I input with a VGA to DVI adapter.

The first one will only give us a 4:3 image and won't stretch to fill the screen on any setting.

The second one fills the screen but crops an awful lot of the image on all sides.

We're using dual 47" LED screens and have tried various aspect settings. The image from the camera is perfect.

We've tried various laptops and configurations without success. When we put a signal generator through them at 1024 x 768 60 Hz using the same adpater the image is perfect.

Thanks very much for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

"The second one fills the screen but crops an awful lot of the image on all sides"

This sounds as if "Zoom" is selected for the content input:

From the web interface:

Admin Settings>Monitors

Near the bottom of the page you will see "Content Video Adjustment"... play with the different settings.  I would recommend "Stretch" or "None".

The other issues with 4:3 and 16:9 may be related to the differences in DVI-I and DVI-D, one being digital, and the other being analog.  Have you tried using a premade Polycom content cable?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.