Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Anyone have any idea how to update the software/firmware on the touch control? I upgraded to the latest software on my HDX7000 and now the touch control says it needs 'null' version to be compatible.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Baxford,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please check this document => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Here are my notes I wrote on the process in case it helps anyone:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To upgrade the Touch Remote download the OS and Application packages from Polycom, then extract the OS (called the ‘platform’) package to the root of a USB stick, and then also extract the Application package (called the ‘HDXCtrl’). There will be a few files of the same name to overwrite so accept these overwrites.

Plug the USB stick in the side of the touch panel and wait a few secs for it to mount (you will see a shadowy arrow icon appear at top right side of the Touch screen when it mounts).

On the Touch Remote select 'Administration' > login with username:admin password:456 > Press 'Updates' at bottom right > Press 'Check for Software updates' > Accept the Agreement > Press 'Download and Install Software'.

The process takes about 15 minutes and the Touch Remote asks you to press ‘OK’ to do a reboot as part of the process and it continues the next stage of the upgrade, then reboots again automatically and finishes.

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm able to update firmware and software from USB flash, but! after powering off and powering on it install previous version...

what should I do next to prevent automatic downgrade FW & SW ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.