Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Just looking to map out some changes to QoS that I'm going to be making on our WAN in the near future. Can anyone tell me what bandwidth the audio requires on a HDX 7000 set to dial at 1024kbps ? And by extension, the bandwidth required for a 4 party multipoint call ? Is the bandwidth for audio always the same ?

Also, is there any value in marking this the same as my VoIP traffic, or can I just mark it with the same value as the video traffic ? I only have 3 QoS queues available - Voice, Video and Best Efforts.

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

according to my CVE notes Polycoms negotiate

G.711, G.721, G.728, G.729. G.723.1, G.722, G.722.1 G.722.1c & G.719..

They'll pick the best codec available given available bandwidth & agreement in the capabilities exchange with the other parties VC unit.

G.711 can be 48, 56 or 64kbps the next 3 are 32, 16 & 8 respectively. G723.1 is 5.3 & 6.3.

G.722 can be 48, 56, or 64kbps

G.722.1 can be 16, 24 or 32kbps

G722.1c can be 24, 32 or 48khz & G719 32 - 128kbps.

I hope that helps.

Pete

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Seperate QoS settings are availible for the video, voice and far camera control. I have my audio marked the same as my VoIP phones.

HP Recommended

So how much bandwidth is required for the audio element of a point to point call and a multipoint call ? Its 100kbps per G.711 voice call. Is it comparable ? What audio codec does the HDX 7000 use ?

HP Recommended

find the HDX administrators guide and look up from page C-4 and on. It's highly dependant on the quality you desire, you can have from 64k - 6Mbps call speeds. If you are running multipoint from the endpoint, it would be even more (I think).

Also, please know.... QoS is not related to badwidth directly. QoS is a number to specify a packet's place in line should there be congestion. Some carriers can map the bandwidth allocation based on QoS settings/markings, but QoS does not equal bandwidth,

HP Recommended

I don't think you understand what I'm asking, but thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

according to my CVE notes Polycoms negotiate

G.711, G.721, G.728, G.729. G.723.1, G.722, G.722.1 G.722.1c & G.719..

They'll pick the best codec available given available bandwidth & agreement in the capabilities exchange with the other parties VC unit.

G.711 can be 48, 56 or 64kbps the next 3 are 32, 16 & 8 respectively. G723.1 is 5.3 & 6.3.

G.722 can be 48, 56, or 64kbps

G.722.1 can be 16, 24 or 32kbps

G722.1c can be 24, 32 or 48khz & G719 32 - 128kbps.

I hope that helps.

Pete

HP Recommended

Thanks for closing this issue & the "upvote" Happy Tuesday:-)

Pete

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I'm going to mark the voice element of the vidcon call the same as my VoIP traffic and allow approx 128kbps per site in both directions per call for point to point and scale it up appropriately for multipoint.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.