Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Polycom HDX 7000 model C unit running 3.0.0.2-13047 software.  I have the upgrade key for the unit and the latest version of the software (3.1.1.3-36019).  I have tried to undertake the upgrade via the web frontend using IE 10, Chrome and FIrefox and get the same result with each.

I initiate the upgrade via the web frontend.  Unit restarts and prompts for the location of the PUP file.  Uploads the file OK and then the web session times out and doesn't give the option to enter the upgrade key.  The unit display on the monitor shows that the unit is upgrading but just sits there.  I have to refresh the webpage to then be able to cancel the upgrade process.  I have around 10 other HDX7000 units which have upgraded without issues from this version to 3.1.1.3-36019 without any issues.

I have also tried doing the upgrade with a USB key.  pup file and a basic text file are in the root of the USB key.  Txt file is formated with Upgrade Key then a tab then the serial number, but the unit states it can't find the license file of it is incorrectly formated.

Any suggestions on how to get this last unit upgraded?

Many thanks

David

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

Try to modify your upgrade.txt file to the following format:

U<TAB>Serialnumber<TAB>Upgrade key

Installing Software and Options Guide

HP Recommended

Uwe,

thanks for the response.  I have attempted this as well as saw this further down the guide but still getting the same issue that the upgrade key can not be found or is not formatted correctly..  Not sure if there is a specific file name that has to be used for the text file or not.

Regards

David

HP Recommended

OK so have undertaken some more testing with this and still not been able to upgrade via USB key.

I found a machine with an older version of IE on it (I have been using IE10 but dropped back to IE 7) and this resolved the issue and was able to upgrade via web browser.  I had tried firefox, chrome and IE10 (also in compatibility mode).

Regards

David

HP Recommended

I actually got this thing work via USB stick, but it took really lot of try and fail to get it done.

So how I get it to work? I've got 16GB USB stick (anything goes I think) and I did format it as FAT32 (you need to check that there isn't any hidden files on the USB drive). Then I got the update software from Polycom site and unzip to the root of this newly formated USB stick. So now there's a .pup file there. Then I put Upgrade activation key in the .txt file and named it as sw_keys.txt

Now then I put my key and serial inside that txt file in a following format and I pressed TAB key when asked:

U(PRESS TAB KEY HERE)Serial(PRESS TAB KEY HERE)Upgrade key

so it would look like following:

U                Serial    Upgrade key

I hope this helps.

-Dunvall

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.