Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

... that does not service the far site.  Contact your network administrator for assistance.

That is the message I get when I'm calling an IP address + organization + extension, a StarLeaf endpoint.  The HDX7000 is on software version Release - 3.0.1-10628.  We can't update software due to not having license key.  We acquired this system through an acquisition and are looking up documentation.

My biggest issue is that message when we try to video call a StarLeaf endpoint.  All the network parameters are set up correctly.  Do I need some kind of a subscription for this to work?  I thought if the network settings are configured correctly, it should communicate via IP.  Please help!

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Robaki,

Thanks for your query.  I am not sure if you have checked the Starleaf documentation for a  HDX setup with their system :

https://support.starleaf.com/installing/h-323-endpoints/configuring-the-polycom-hdx-series/

If the above configuration does not work then please enable   the logs  for sip and h323  ( debug level   logging)  with call details  and attach it to the post for a review.

Hope this Helps!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the doucmentation!

After adding the system, I was not successful in making or receiving a call.  I expected this because the system status in the StarLeaf portal shows it as OFFLINE.  Attached is the log file as requested.  Note - my HDX 7000 HD interface did not have the Enable SIP Trace option, only the H.323 option was present. (My software version is 3.0.1-10628)

HP Recommended

hi Robaki,

Can you confirm if this HDX IP address is routable to the starleaf cloud ?  Is there any firewall blocking H323 traffic  on port  1719 ?  Any NAT misconfigurations ?

Here is what is seen in the log  :-

Line 651: 2018-07-11 14:18:31 INFO avc: pc[0]: H323RAS: GateKeeper state: registering
    Line 657: 2018-07-11 14:18:31 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: NOTIFY: COMM gatekeeper state 0 registering 72.28.97.118:1719 0

Line 1068: 2018-07-11 14:21:30 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: h323nat: localIP = "10.16.181.177", farIP = "72.28.97.118", localIP is non-routable but farIP is.
    Line 1079: 2018-07-11 14:21:31 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: h323nat: localIP = "10.16.181.177", farIP = "72.28.97.118", localIP is non-routable but farIP is.

Line 1109: 2018-07-11 14:21:31 WARNING avc: pc[0]: outgoing h323 call to 72.28.97.118, rate 512, disconnected with cause code 3

Disconnect cause code 3  indicates a  network route issue.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

The problem is partly resolved.  There was a firewall rule that was a part of the problem.  During early testing, the HDX 7000 pings out from the portal were not successful.  My network admin assured me that was not the issue because pings are restricted(?).  I had him unblock all rules for that device IP and now it allows calling out.  However it cannot receive incoming calls.  I would consider this a partial but significant victory.  Thanks!

HP Recommended
hi Robaki,
Glad to know that . You might want to also have the firewall setup according to the requirements of Starleaf . Here are the details :
https://support.starleaf.com/managing/cloud/firewall-and-bandwidth-information/firewall-configuratio...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.