Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a request to provide a camera feed about 100 feet away from the Polycom 7000 unit in another room to record a large group presentation.  I use pro cameras with HD-SDI connectors.  Is there a way to input HD signals instead of composite or S-VHS inputs to the Polycom?

I have a switcher and converters.  I could even send the signal wirelessly in HD but I don't know what cable signal is used for the built in camera.  Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

1. HDX series systems uses component YPbPr format for main camera input.

2. You can use HDCI break-out cable to connect video from your camera. Of course this video has to be converted to component format.

3. Please note that HDX 7000 uses EagleEye IR receiver for control. So when using third party camera as the main one you'll loose ability to use IR remote. You could use web interface or Polycom Touch Control for management.

4. You can use your camera as the second camera connected to Input 3 using DVI-I format.

5. More details can be found in the HDX Admin's Guide and Integrator's Reference Manual >>> here <<<.

Hope this could help.

WBR,

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.