Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The HDX 7000 unit we have, of course, does not have any VGA out ports... only DVI. The problem is most of our projectors and monitors have only VGA ports (I didn't buy the unit, I'm just trying to make it work). When I plug a DVI to VGA adapter  into port 1 on the back of the HDX unit and boot it up, it does display the Polycom boot screen on the VGA projector/monitor. However, when the HDX unit is fully booted, it displays no home screen. Instead the projector/monitor loses the video signal. If I hook the HDX unit up with a regular DVI cable and no adapter, it will display as it should.

Could there be a setting that I missed that doesn't take affect until the unit has fully booted up? Or, is using a DVI to VGA adapter simply not a viable solution for this particular model? I just find it strange that I have video and then lose it. Any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,  you will need a DVI-I to VGA adapter.  Be sure your DVI adapter has the four small pins (2 top 2 bottom) around the large 'spade' lug.  These are the 'analog' pins the VGA needs.  Also be sure the HDX monitor output setting is set to VGA.

A trick is to use the remote control to select the display type.

Press and hold the "Display" button for about 5 seconds until the output mode is displayed in the LED window on the remote.

Scroll down until you see VGA then hit the right arrow to select.

Ken...

HP Recommended

Ken,

Sorry for the late reply but I was able to switch the output to VGA using your intructions. Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have 1 mornitor/TV and 1 projector connect to Polycom. I configured in monitor setting with the first monitor is component type and the second monitor is VGA type.

I also can connect to projector with DVI to VGA adapter and show the far site video on monitor 2. But I can not show the video of the far site on both monitor and projector on the same time, just only one of them.

This is request from my boss. Please help if I can show on both TV and Projector for video of far site?

Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Polycom HDX7000 which we use for video conferencing and content sharing in our boardroom at work. the problem is that when we run presentations without any live conference the picture quality is ok but once the live conference is started and if content sharing is done then the projecotr screen tends to get very blurry and it shakes making it very difficult to see any font displayed.

Can anyone advise on above as what can be done, is there any configuration in Polycom which we can set to make presentations visible?

With Regards

Priyesh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.