Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have three HDX 6000s, and the business wants to put one in a conference room where it will be very difficult to string an ethernet cable.

How can we connect this device via wifi?  Searching wasn't helpful, at all.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi kevinsingleton,

We do technically have a wireless capable build.  The Polycom® RealPresence®Practitioner Cart™ has the option of an antenna mounted on the top left of technology housing with R-SMA connector.  This antenna is all this is supplied though.  The cable and wireless LAN client adapter are customer-supplied items.  This Practitioner Cart utilizes an HDX 8000 which has no wireless configuration options built into it.  If this is a path you are willing to venture you need to ensure that the Wireless connection is performed in the LAN client adapter so when it is plugged into the LAN port of the HDX it is receiving a single IP Address.

http://planetpolycom/sites/services/ckl/internalparts/Parts%20list/Practitioner%20Cart/Pract%20Cart%...

I hope this helps,

Mike_West

HP Recommended

Hello Again,

In addition here is a design brief that covers the wireless unit tested to use with the practicioner cart. 

This solution, including the wireless environment, is all supplied by the customer though, not Polycom.

I hope this helps,

Mike_West

HP Recommended

Thanks, Mike.  

Is this a solution offered by Polycom, or do I need to find a vendor to supply the equipment?

HP Recommended

Hi Kevindsingleton,

This is not supplied by Polycom.  The Design Brief I provided in my last post is the one we suggest being we have tested it, but again we do not supply this equipment. 

Thank You,

Mike_West

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.