Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a HDX 6000 that's been running for some time and all of a sudden the camera does not respond (turn around) when starting up the unit.  Additionally, the remote control for the unit is unresponsive as well.  Using the web portal, I can initiate a conference call and see&hear the other end but the camera on my end and remote remain unresponsive.  I am not too familiar with the system and would welcome and appreciate any troubleshooting steps or suggestions ofered.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check your cable, I have known of people who have forced the cable in upside down and bent pins in it.  Check the ends and see if there are bent pins.

Also how long of a cable are you using?  If you go over the 10m you need to power the camera at the camera.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Try change batteries in remote ...

Switch off hdx and reconnect camera cable at both codec and camera side ...

Try detect camera from WEB UI -  Admin Settings->Cameras->Detect Camera

HP Recommended

The HDX systems, except for the HDX 9000 series, use the IR receivers in the camera as the IR for the system.  If the camera is not connected or has failed you will not have IR control of the system.

HP Recommended

@Ovg, Thanks for the reply.  I happened to try all three of those suggestions before posting.

HP Recommended

Check your cable, I have known of people who have forced the cable in upside down and bent pins in it.  Check the ends and see if there are bent pins.

Also how long of a cable are you using?  If you go over the 10m you need to power the camera at the camera.

HP Recommended

@Stevn, good to know, thanks. 

There is power plug-in on the camera but I don't ever remeber it needing that power source.  Am I correct in thinking the camera gets power via the "video" cable?  Is there any kind of reset procedure for the camera?

Another thought I had was a system reset.  Does anyone think that might help in any way?  If so, I have saved both the directory and the system (profile) settings, could I do a reset and then load both those back into the system and not have any unconfigured settings for this system? 

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

I doubt a system reset would help but who knows for sure?

The camera requires local power when used with cables over 10m, or if not using the full HDCI cable end-to-end.  If using the cable which shipped with the camera then you should be OK without a power transformer connected to the camera.

There is not a reset on the camera beyond, removing the cable and reconnecting it and powering the system up after that.

HP Recommended

@Steven, thank you!  I can't fathom why or who would have pulled that cable, but it was indeed upside down.  I had the cable off yesterday but I put it back on the same way it came off-- no bent pins but I did notice it was pretty snug.  I guess I wouldn't have thought it would fit on either way.  Anyway, it's working!  Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

Great news,  Glad nothing was damaged.

Thanks for letting us know the resolution. 

Take care.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.