Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a HDX8000 in the conference room with a HDX MPPLUS Multipoint option license. I was asked to figure out how to have several people dial in and be able to see the boardroom or computer screen in the boardroom remotely.

I tried using the free Polycom app for the IPAD and also the Android App. I was able to connect into the system and my video camera ( on the device ) was shown on the 60" boardroom screen. I was unable to see, on my device, the boardroom Camera  or when I pushed the Computer screen it didn't show up either.

Is there a different client I should be using? What other steps do I need to take to see boardroom activity?

Thanks for your help,

Warren

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

In a Microsoft Lync enviroment please look at the CSS, Content Sharing Suite.

http://www.polycom.com/products-services/products-for-microsoft/lync-interoperable/content-sharing-s...

HP Recommended
Hi,

It's a bit unclear what you are trying to achieve. If you are wanting to do a multipoint call into your hdx 8000 using the mp option key and would like them to see the content from the pc connected to the hdx8000. I would recommend the free cisco jabber client. If you need more help please feel free to contact us at www.interlinkvision.com we are polycom certified and would be more than happy to assist.
HP Recommended

Hello Warren,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am a bit unsure by the replies so far as there seems to be a misunderstanding.

You provided the Information that you can bee seen in the Boardroom when connecting with a iPad or an Android tablet but you cannot see the far end i.e. the boardroom.

This is a classical Firewall issue and has been discussed in this section uncountable times. You should check the HDX Admin Guide / RPM Release notes as all used Ports are listed. In addition please utilize the community search functionality.

In regards of sharing content from the Boardroom to a mobile device there are multiple options. Either an individual uses a People and Content software or a PC connected to the HDX can be used.

Sharing content from the tablet is only possible in professional mode.

Professional mode provides professional features. To use these features, you must register to a provisioning server (a Polycom Converged Management Application™ (CMA®) 4000/5000 or Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager)

I would suggest you work with your reseller / partner who originally installed the HDX and/or call Polycom support for further troubleshooting.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I will check out the Free Jabber client on Friday to see if I have more success.

Steffan:

======

The installer requested a live IP address, so I gave him one, I assume that was for the HDX8000.

What firewall would be in between the call coming in and the HDX8000? Is there firewall settings

in the HDX?

For controlling the boardroom we are using a Crestron TPMC-8T-GA 8.4" touch screen which

wirelessly connects to the HDX I think. It is on its own private 192.168.1.x network.

Computer is connected to the internal Lan. I'll try it with no firewall with further testing on Friday.

I will follow up in a couple days.

Warren

HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried the Cisco Jabber client with the IP address of our system and it wouldn't even connect.

Can you connect via IP using H323 ?

Then I went back to the polycom client on the Ipad and it instantly connected.

When it connects, I see my face from the ipad camera up on the boardroom

screen in a square and on the IPAD screen I also see the same ipad video

of my face. Audio works fine too with the IPAD mic.

I do not see anything from the boardroom on the IPAD. Not the Video feed

from our boardroom camera or if I push the computer screen, nothing.

IPAD screen remains the same.

I also tried disabling all firewalls on the presentation computer and still nothing.

All I want is to be able to see  where I am calling and be able to see

the computer screen if someone in the boardroom wants to show it.

Is there configuring in the HDX8000 I need to look at?

I'm guessing I would need to connect to the HDX8000 directly

to do this?

Warren

HP Recommended

Hello Warren,

I would suggest to take a wireshark trace on the HDX Lan side and check the video stream against a wireshark trace on the WLAN side or even install wireshark on the iPad.

There is definitely something in your cooperate network blocking the video.

Another test would be using Real Presence Desktop on the same Wlan as the iPad.

Polycom , like other Video Open Standard providers, utilize known network ranges / ports and do not tunnel their video through closed non closed standards.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi Warren,

Would it be possible to email me directly and I can then allocate a video engineer to you to help resolve the issue you are experiencing. Based on the information you have provided so far it is hard to determine the root cause of the issue you are experiencing, whereas if I can allocate an engineer, we will be able to look at your configuration, perform test calls etc and i'm pretty sure we'll be able to resolve the issue.

Irfan@interlinkvision.com

Interlink Vision are a Certified Polycom Video And Infrastructure Partner.
HP Recommended

After trying this from another location it appears that our Cell Phone provider

is blocking certain ports. I connected from a cable internet connection

to the board room and got video just fine. I then switched back to my

android cell phone and connected to just 4G and the video didn't come

through. I've got an email into them on the issue.

I'm also sure that I can't internally connect because of my firewall.

I'll have to go through the documentation for the ports required for the

video portion of it if is necessary to connect from within the building.

This whole exercise was to get remote people in without having to

use a 3rd party service.

Thanks for your suggestions in the previous posts.

Warren

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.