Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am new to this group. We have just purchased a Group 500 + EEDII last week, and I know that the tracking mechanism is using voice source + face recognition.

However, due to the current pandemic, most meeting participants are wearing face mask, we have tested the tracking response time, even the speaker facing the cam, the average tracking time is around 20 to 30 secs and even longer, in order to get the cam frame the speaker.

With mask off, the response time can be within 10 sec always.

Due to our situation, can you please advise any recommendation to fine tone the configuration in order to shorten the tracking response time, ie when participants with face mask.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @JoeChan  ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It could be helpful to provide us, volunteers, here with a little bit more info. For example:

• What software are you using on the GroupSeries and EagleEye Director?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for asking the question.

The Poly dynamic speaker locating technologies, such as the one in the EED II, have been tested and have worked with masks in place. 

The first thing I would make sure is that the product is installed as per the specifications that are outlined in the Setup guide as well as the Admin Guide (Admin Guide for EEDII )

Make sure both the system you are using and the EEDII are up to date on their software.  This is more of an impact in your situation than the installation since it working OK without masks.

Make sure the light in the conference area is sufficient.  An easy way to fix that is to change the bulbs in a standard fluorescent fixture to 41k bulbs.  Will make the room much brighter than standard bulbs.

Also I would wonder if with the masks on the audio is so distorted that it is making it difficult for the algorithm to find and identify voices.  Does the 2nd camera PTZ toward the new speaker and it takes a long time after that to switch to it?

HP Recommended

Dear Baier,

What software are you using on the GroupSeries and EagleEye Director?

Model: RealPresence Group 500

Hardware Version: 20

System Software: Release - 6.2.2.3-620033

EEDII:

Software version: 2.2.0.39

Hardware version: B

Best Regards,

Joe

HP Recommended

Hello,

Even we are having mask, the 2nd camera can still response and toward the new speaker immediately, and it just takes a long time after that to switch (or so call zoom / frame ) to the speaker.

Thanks

Joe

HP Recommended

Hello @JoeChan 

some factors like lighting, background noise, room acoustic environment have an impact on the speaker switching speed. We would need to see this in support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.