Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just tested the Group Series remote on an HDX and a VSX and it seems to work for most all of the main functions.

When can I buy more and how much will it cost me 🙂

I'm just saying a 26 button remote is better than a 9 billionty button remote like the HDX.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Following your idea the LifeSize Icon remote with 6 (six) buttons is better than a 26 buttons one like the PR Group ):-))

Chacun a son gout!

HP Recommended

You can purchase the RealPresence Group remotes via your Polycom reseller.

Just be aware there are a number of functions which you will not be able to do from that remote, i.e. presets, PIP, layout selections and send content.  

The UI on the RealPresence Group series is a totally different UI and the remote is not much more than a mouse and allows you to navigate the UI.  The HDX, and older systems, are not designed with that type of UI and thus you need the greater number of buttons to navigate the system.

HP Recommended

totally understood Steven. send content will be a bummer in some cases, but its not so bad. our View Stations with Visual Concerts just plain work for that. HDX is another problem entirely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.