Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just noticed today some information on the Polycom® EagleEye™ Director II was posted here.

In the data sheet it mentions that it requires "** Polycom RealPresence Group Series 6.1 or higher"

Looks like we are getting close to the release of 6.1. Does anyone happen to know a date?

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello sschramm,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

How about => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Scott,

We are unable to discuss future software versions within this community and we are unable to discuss dates for such.

Once we release it we will post it here and on our support page.

If you have a Polycom reseller you should try to be added to a Beta list.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I installed 6.1 on several group 700 endpoints yesterday.  I noticed today that a few of the endpoints are locking up whenever content is being sent to thise endpoint.  The only way out of the lock up is to power down the system.  Any advice ?

@sschramm wrote:

I just noticed today some information on the Polycom® EagleEye™ Director II was posted here.

In the data sheet it mentions that it requires "** Polycom RealPresence Group Series 6.1 or higher"

Looks like we are getting close to the release of 6.1. Does anyone happen to know a date?

Thanks,

Scott

HP Recommended

@GWN wrote:

I installed 6.1 on several group 700 endpoints yesterday.  I noticed today that a few of the endpoints are locking up whenever content is being sent to thise endpoint.  The only way out of the lock up is to power down the system.  Any advice ?

Hello, where did you get the 6.1 update from? I'm still seeing 6.0.1 as the latest?
http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/apac/support/video/group_series/group500.html
Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hello sschramm,

How about => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you. Hopefully the support pages can be updated soon. I subscribe to them via RSS so because they have not been updated yet, I did not realize it was released. Thanks.

HP Recommended

An update on the 6.1 issue that I had posted earlier.  I have been working with polycom on this issue during the past week and it has not yet been resolved.  Any time that content is sent on a bridged call, a group 700 series endpoint with ver 6.1 will freeze and reboot.  Point to point calls don't have this issue.  Polycom has taken logs from our test calls and are working to find out what is going on.

If anyone else is having this same issue, please post.

HP Recommended

@GWN wrote:

An update on the 6.1 issue that I had posted earlier.  I have been working with polycom on this issue during the past week and it has not yet been resolved.  Any time that content is sent on a bridged call, a group 700 series endpoint with ver 6.1 will freeze and reboot.  Point to point calls don't have this issue.  Polycom has taken logs from our test calls and are working to find out what is going on.

If anyone else is having this same issue, please post.

Hello, we have had a few issues on our Group 700 units. One of which experienced the exact same issue you described (freezing on content share). Two other units have also had issues with rebooting, but I'm not sure if they are related to sharing content or not. At this time we downgraded those three units back to 5.1.2 and we have not seen the issues again so it must be something related to 6.1 - If you find any more info on this please let us know.

Thanks,

Scott

HP Recommended

Update :  A beta version 6.1.1 has solved the problem.  However; I am being told that 6.1.1 won't be available to the public until the end of April.  

HP Recommended

@GWN wrote:

Update :  A beta version 6.1.1 has solved the problem.  However; I am being told that 6.1.1 won't be available to the public until the end of April.  

Great! Thanks for this info.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.