Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently deployed a Group Series 500 with the 4.1.4 release.  During a video conference call someone turn on the computer that is connected to the group series to share content when needed.  The Group 500 automatically started to share content from that PC during the video call.  We used the remote to stop sharing content but the presenter was very frustrated.  I looked in the settings to see if this feature can be tuned off and only be activated or deactivated by using the remote, but I didn't find anything.  Does anyone know if this feature can be disabled? This doesn’t happen on any of the HDX solutions that we have.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

If you can telnet on port 24 into your Group 500 then run this command I have attached. You should be able to do that with putty. 

You can turn the option of auto show content on and off. I have tested this many times myself and this option stays the same even if you reboot the system. If you do a hard reset on the unit will need to turn the option back off. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, 

If you can telnet on port 24 into your Group 500 then run this command I have attached. You should be able to do that with putty. 

You can turn the option of auto show content on and off. I have tested this many times myself and this option stays the same even if you reboot the system. If you do a hard reset on the unit will need to turn the option back off. 

HP Recommended

This solution worked great. Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.