Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a coming up to 4 years old Polycom RealPresence Group 500 (H/W 9) running firmware 4.1.5.180072.   It has not been under a support contract since it's first year.

As of today it has developed an issue (half way though a call) where it now isn't available on the network.    The codec itself, in network status switches from connected to disconnected every 10 seconds or so.    When disconnected the activity lights on the network port go out.

The cabling has been completed replaced between the codec and the switch, including different ethernet wall sockets, and different switch ports.    The codec has been rebooted a number of times, and even left off for a time.   Nothing resolves the issue. 

Can anyone provide any suggestions on what the issue may be, and how we could resolve it.

Thanks,

Steve

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Has anything changed on the network side, like your ISP or your firewall?

HP Recommended

No there hasn't been any changes to our internal network or to our ISP.

Everything else on the network is working without issue.

After posting this yesterday, it did start working again for a bit, I even managed a one hour call between the unit and my polycom desktop client, before it dropped the call and the VC disappeared from the network.

HP Recommended

Hello DI_Steve,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The only way we can look at this is by opening a Ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

The endpoint isn't in support so can't get reseller support, hence why i'm here.   

Have spoken to the reseller and they won't / don't do PPI, they will only speak to me if I buy a years support for it plus an extra large amount of £ as its been unsupported for so long.   There is also mention that they won't support pre-existing issues anyway, so even if I get it supported they won't help if they find out I had the issue before getting it.

So I assume from this I have no where to go to get advice as to what may be wrong with this endpoint, or how to fix it?

HP Recommended

Hello

as this is the official Polycom community ran by Polycom so there is no other advise that I can give you

replied via a mobile device

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.