Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

If I want to use two cameras with the Group 500:

- Use the Eagle Director with two eagle eye cameras

- If I do not use the Eagle Director, I would use the second input, which is HDMI or VGA to a third party compatible camera listed on the releasse notes but I would loose to send content and not control for this camera....

Am I right?...Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, you are right.

The RealPresence Group Series 300 has one HDCI (high density camera interface) video input to support the use of a Polycom EagleEye camera.

The RealPresence Group Series 500 has two video inputs, one is the HDCI input and the other is the HDMI/VGA.

The RealPresence Group Series 700 has two HDCI inputs and an associated HDMI input, an HDMI/VGA and a YPbPr/Component input.

The primary HDCI input is a ‘people’ stream input. Whereas the additional inputs can be configured for either a ‘people’ or a ‘content’ input.

For any of the HDX or RealPresence Group Series you can use People+Content IP as a content input.

The EagleEye Director uses one HDCI input for the dual cameras. In the RealPresence Group Series the EagleEye Director can be configured for Direct Cut to move from one ‘immersive’ shot to another, or in traditional mode where the cut will be to the room until the other cameras frames the next speaker.

The HDCI inputs on the RealPresence Group Series can support both digital (i.e. EagleEye IV and EagleEye Acoustic) cameras or analog (other EagleEye cameras) or analog inputs from the other supported cameras.

You must configure the inputs as people or content, content inputs for cameras cannot be controlled from the Polycom remote, they must use the remote with the camera.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes, you are right.

The RealPresence Group Series 300 has one HDCI (high density camera interface) video input to support the use of a Polycom EagleEye camera.

The RealPresence Group Series 500 has two video inputs, one is the HDCI input and the other is the HDMI/VGA.

The RealPresence Group Series 700 has two HDCI inputs and an associated HDMI input, an HDMI/VGA and a YPbPr/Component input.

The primary HDCI input is a ‘people’ stream input. Whereas the additional inputs can be configured for either a ‘people’ or a ‘content’ input.

For any of the HDX or RealPresence Group Series you can use People+Content IP as a content input.

The EagleEye Director uses one HDCI input for the dual cameras. In the RealPresence Group Series the EagleEye Director can be configured for Direct Cut to move from one ‘immersive’ shot to another, or in traditional mode where the cut will be to the room until the other cameras frames the next speaker.

The HDCI inputs on the RealPresence Group Series can support both digital (i.e. EagleEye IV and EagleEye Acoustic) cameras or analog (other EagleEye cameras) or analog inputs from the other supported cameras.

You must configure the inputs as people or content, content inputs for cameras cannot be controlled from the Polycom remote, they must use the remote with the camera.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information an the fast answer. Really appreciate it..

🙂

HP Recommended
Hi,

Can the HDCI adapter accept 5 wire VGA to RGBHV BNC breakouts? I need to have more than one camera on my Group 500, and I can't use the content input. I'm saving that for content. Also, I don't have Director.

Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.